Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm Good with Mice

Last night I received a nice compliment from my husband. He said, "You're so good with everyone. Babies, dogs, mice, husbands." At the moment I had been grasping Summer (the mouse) by the tail, getting ready to lower her back into her newly-cleaned cage. I think I was talking to her as well. It was exactly what I needed to hear because sometimes I don't think I'm doing a very good job at anything. An adequate job, perhaps. But who wants to be just adequate?

On another note, Billy deserves special recognition because for the past two days he has undertaken the monumental task of getting Baby Girl M. to fall asleep in her own bed at night. There's quite a bit of crying and screaming (the baby cries, too) but he doesn't give up. He keeps soothing and patting and humming to her until she falls asleep. I don't know how he does it because I would cave in and rock her or bring her to bed with me. The really amazing part is that once she falls asleep, she STAYS ASLEEP ALL NIGHT. I don't have to contort my body around her to fit on our bed anymore. Nice!

I love my husband.

0 comments: