Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Crafts (Yes, I Know Thanksgiving is Over)

No one wants to read about Thanksgiving crafts on December 1, but since I never got around to posting this sooner, this is what you get for reading my blog. And no, this isn't turning into a craft blog. I wish I was talented enough for this to be a craft blog, but that's never gonna happen. I lack the skills and I lack the patience. But I don't lack the desire, and when the crafting bug hit me the week before Thanksgiving, this is what I made:

First we have "The Give Thanks Banner", one of my few original ideas:
I know, I know. It doesn't take a crafting genius to print letters off the computer and glue them to paper. And clearly the "I" is a different shade of brown. And the "H" and "S" are disproportionately smaller than the other letters. Ok, moving on . . .

"The Tree Pillow", inspired by this.


Clearly mine doesn't have quite the same stunning effect as the original, but I think that's because I made the leaves too big and couldn't fit very many on the pillow. Also, after ironing on the leaves I had no desire to sew them on like you were supposed to. But now they're starting to peel off, so I guess that's a shortcut that I shouldn't have taken. Oh well.

Here's the back:

Overall I really like how this turned out, considering the fact that the fabric I originally picked out for the front shrunk when I washed it and I had to go back out buy more (the one time I pre-washed the fabric because I was trying to do things the right way.)

Next up is "The Leaf Wreath", inspired by this:

This thing gave me the most headaches of any of the projects. I had to start over 3 times because I couldn't get the circle circular enough (even though I was following a traced line). Again, not as great as the original but good enough for me.
Finally, the best for last! May I present "The Butterfly Picture":

I know what you're thinking, isn't that just a piece of paper in a frame? Well, yes it is. But I love the way it looks and right now it's my favorite decoration in the house!

Stay tuned for Christmas Crafts, coming in mid- to late- March!

0 comments: