Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summertime is Here!

School isn't out yet, but something about swimming in your backyard just says "summer" to me. And when it's 100 degrees out, that says to me, "It's ridiculously hot so either get in the water or get inside." And when there are giant cracks in the ground in your backyard, that says to me, "It hasn't rained for 8 months, and funny, isn't that about how long you've had gutters on your house?" Sorry. I'll stop now.

Back to the story! Saturday evening we packed up the 500 Babies and went over to Pastor and Jamie's house. J. got to go "swimming" for the first time with Naomi. He did really well, although you can see that he wasn't too keen on sitting down in the water. You can also see his long, lustrous back hair if you look really closely. Billy and I enjoyed good conversation with friends who are right there with us in baby boot camp (Naomi is 20 months and Micah is 2 months!) It's always nice when you can share poop stories with your pastor. We were hoping some of Naomi's language skills would rub off on J. but no such luck this time.

On Sunday we took the kids outside in our backyard and spent some time splashing in the new baby pool Billy bought Saturday. I didn't get very many good pictures because I was trying to hold M., but here is one shot of D. livin' it up in the water:
He had the best time just splashing away. Little M. seemed to enjoy it, too.
Happy summer, everyone!

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

I wouldn't mind trading weather for a few days. Though I would need A/C too. It was raining yesterday and the high was 54. The 10 day forecast has exactly two days without rain in the forecast. I would like to see some promise of summer!

I'm glad you have a family (esp. a pastor) that can relate to your life! -rlr