Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joe!

Joe turned 2 yesterday! We had a small party with tacos, cake, and ice cream. Joe had a great time opening his cards and gifts and playing with our friends the Rancours. One of his gifts was a potty chair, which he enjoyed wearing as a hat and using for storing toys. I think he's going to be disappointed when he learns the real use for it.


When I was a kid, the best part about birthdays was the shape cakes my mother would make. (Except when I turned 2 and it was so hot they just put two candles in a watermelon instead of a birthday cake.) So I wanted to do the same for Joe, with some help from the internet and Billy. I baked the cake and did the orange icing, and he did the rest of the decorating.
We get to do it all over again in a month when Daniel turns 1, and I hope we get to do it again in October when Kiki turns 1.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our favorite little Joe! Great cake Anna! You may have to help me with Naomi's cake ;)