Monday, April 14, 2008

Give the Girl a Challenge and Look What Happens

I guess Baby Girl M. didn't like the fact that I announced to the world that she is the worst sleeper in this house. Ever since that last post she has been sleeping through the night. Three nights in a row! If she can keep this up, there will be one happy Mommy (and Daddy) in this house.

Now if only I can sleep through the night. For several months I had the strange habit of waking up during the night and frantically searching through the blankets looking for babies. I think it started because I used to sleep on the couch with M. next to me or on my chest and would be worried I was going to roll on her or drop her. But the behavior continued way past when she began sleeping by herself. One night I sat up and started looking through a pile of clothes stacked on the ironing board next to our bed. A couple of weeks ago Billy woke up to find me patting his arm like it was a baby. Although it doesn't happen as much anymore, I still look for the phantom babies from time to time. In fact, I have a vague recollection of patting down the blankets in search of a baby just last night.

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

It sounds like sleep deprivation. And a very good mother instinct. I have to admit I was always afraid of sleeping with my children and flinging them on the floor. I so hope Baby M keeps it up!-rlr