Thursday, April 10, 2008

Beans, Beans, Beans

The bags of WIC beans were piling up. I know we are supposed to feed these beans to J., but really, how many beans can a 20-month-old eat? (and how many beans do we want him to eat?) Am I supposed to feed J. beans while the rest of us feast on something else?

I had to do something with them, so I made this recipe for Red Beans and Rice. Then I turned a bag of pinto beans into an activity for J. It is amazing how long this tub of beans keeps him entertained.





I was still left with a pile of bags.






So I made this recipe for Black Bean and Tortilla Bake. Lucky for me I had two bags of black beans because I managed to burn the first batch. In the end it turned out surprisingly good.

I will continue to be on the hunt for more good bean recipes. In the meantime, I did come across this craft for some nifty-looking bean frames . . .

1 comments:

Jamie said...

good idea on the beans in a bowl with measuring cups...I'll have to try that when i need to entertain Naomi for a while!