Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Random Rambling

That's probably the worst blog post title ever in the history of blogdom.  But it's the best I can do at present.  You see, I wish I would have listened to the voice of reason in my head last night that said not to drink that cup of coffee so late.  Because then I was up half the night.  And now I feel like half of my brain is missing.  And my body is begging for rest.  But there are children to feed, diapers to change, dishes to wash, and laundry to fold.  Ok, ok we all know the dishes and laundry will wait.  But I really feel badly that my kids are getting a mom who's only 50% with-it today, if that.

And I also feel badly at being so random, but there's simply no avoiding it now and I have to share this picture because it just makes me so, so very happy:
This was taken a couple of weeks ago when the kids turned in their summer reading logs at the library.  Each one got to pick out their very own book.  Afterwards we went to the dollar store and gave each one $1.00 to spend however they chose.  (This was intended to be another reward for the potty-training success when I was gone.)  Dan picked a ball, Joe chose a car, and Mikea selected a little tea set.  They loved it!  (Now we just hope they don't expect to buy something every time we go to the store!)

0 comments: