Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Adoption Update

The first permanency hearing for Baby A. is set for May 10.  His caseworker is recommending termination of parental rights and if the judge agrees, we can move forward with adoption.  We'd still have to wait 90 days after termination to see if any family members step up to claim him, but I'm hopeful we'll be clear to finalize by September.  This time around I'm going to do everything I can to keep the process moving.  With Mikea we had delay after delay, some of which could have been avoided, and the process took 6 months longer than it should have.  But in any event, we are thrilled to be one step closer to making Baby A. a Morrison for life!