Sunday, August 23, 2009

Update on Baby Brother A.

Friday we finally had a visit from Baby A.'s caseworker and found out a little more about the direction the case is going. The judge decided to allow A.'s mother to work services to regain custody of him. Because he is an infant, she will have weekly visits with him. She will be given a year to "work services". However, if she does not make any attempt to participate for six months, she may lose her chance.

This is not the news we were hoping to hear. I have a lot of strong feelings about the situation, but this probably isn't the right venue. We just ask for your prayers again. I am optimistic about our chances of adoption Baby A., but it looks like it could be another long road before that happens.