Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This May Be TMI, But I Had To Share

This Friday Daniel is undergoing a minor surgical procedure that his doctor recommended we get done. I'll spare the details other than to say that had Daniel been born Jewish, this procedure would probably have taken place when he was eight days old.

A nurse called today to obtain Daniel's medical history. She asked if he's had any procedures done before and when I said no, she said somewhat excitedly, "Oh, this is his first one?" as if it were his first tooth or something. It also struck me as funny because, I'm no expert, but I think this procedure can only be done once. (I know she was talking about all surgical procedures in general, but it still made me laugh.)

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

Poor Joe! I hope it goes well. And yes, that was a strange comment. How many surgeries is a 3-year old supposed to have?