Tuesday, May 12, 2009

500 Babies Go to a Nursery

I thought a quick trip to a local nursery to pick up a few plants would be a fun outing for me, Daniel, and Kiki last Friday afternoon. Billy and Joe were in Oklahoma over the weekend and to me this presented a great opportunity to get out of the house and do all the things I wish I could do but don't because of the hassle of taking 3 toddlers. Three is just too many, but two? Piece of cake! Or so I thought.

Here's what I didn't account for:

1. Little fingers ripping leaves off plants and petals off flowers? Check.
2. Four little feet jumping and splashing in water, soaking themselves and me? Check.
3. Little boy falling down on the sidewalk, scraping his head and getting covered in dirt? Check.
4. Little girl running away straight into the parking lot? Check.

Plus it was 100 degrees outside. When Kiki started to run away, I abandoned our wagon of purchases, scooped up both kids and took them to the van. Dan's shoe fell off, I grabbed it, and then dropped it. I was also trying to hold onto my receipt but it ripped and blew away. I was starting to feel humiliated. Fortunately a kind gentleman saw my plight and pulled my wagon over to the van for me while I was getting the kids buckled in. I just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. Needless to say, I won't try that experiment again anytime soon.

1 comments:

Joy said...

Those "leashes" seemed like a bad idea until I had a toddler and a baby...I have had many nice people come to my rescue as well!