Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Hair-a-Thon

On Monday I had the opportunity to attend a training on ethnic hair care for foster parents.  Children were invited to attend to have their hair styled by professionals.  Even though Mikea's not a foster child anymore, my caseworker said we could still go.

When we arrived we learned there was to be a class on styling hair in ponytail twists. Guess who got to be the model for the class?  Mikea!!! 

First she had her hair washed.

She did very well following directions and keeping her head down.  The stylist said she did better than most adults.  I think she enjoyed it, as well she should!
Then it was off to the chair where the real work began.
Again, she did surprisingly well.  She was getting a bit uncomfortable, though, and so the secret weapon was brought out:  a giant cookie!

Here is the end result:



















She was very proud of herself and so was I!
Here's one more picture for good measure:
Sure, I'm biased - but isn't she a cutie???

3 comments:

overtiredmum said...

what a brave girl - she looks so proud of herself. Good luck with re-creating it at home!

Rae said...

oh my goodness -- SUCH a cutie!! And where did you get that adorable top? So cute!!!

Mama Jenn said...

Oh my gosh!!!! She is adorable!!!!